I was singly responsible for art direction, copywriting, and production of final art for both print and digital executions. Additionally, I selected media and worked with account executives on the ad placement. The 2021 event was unique in that I had to develop messaging addressing COVID concerns, adjusting for ever-changing state and local guidelines.
Other project chores included:
• re-writing station-supplied radio copy
• overhauling the sponsor packet - selecting new photos and negotiating with photographers, cleaning up typography, reducing ink coverage to lower printing costs
• writing press releases and media materials - this included editing and performing additional research to prepare lineup bios
• creating signage and festival badges
• day-of event coverage via Facebook
Below: A half-page ad that ran in the print edition of the Pittsburgh City Paper and banner that was in rotation on its site both reference the host community's most famous son.
Below: Banner ads that were in rotation on the City Paper site and a sample of promotional posts via the CP's social accounts.
Below at left, my re-write of station-supplied copy (right)
Below: the event's overhauled sponsorship packet
Below: press release and lineup announcement
Below: event signage related to COVID protocols
Below: artwork for volunteer badges
Below: schedules produced to size for sandwich boards
Below: photos and live posts from the event, including Facebook Live video